The Understanding Physical Literacy Module (Online) has been developed by Sport Ireland Coaching in partnership with Stranmillis University College to provide a personal and professional development opportunity for those interested in developing their own physical literacy and/or helping others develop their physical literacy throughout the life course.
This Physical Literacy Workshop offers the participants the chance to learn more about why physical activity is so important to children and how we can do more to encourage it. The workshop brings together findings from national and international research that highlights the need to increase children’s levels of physical literacy as part of the long-term approach to increasing wellbeing and reducing levels of preventable disease.
- Explain the importance of Physical Activity for Children
- Explain what is meant by the physical literacy learning journey.
- Articulate the rationale behind they physical literacy journey – a ‘road map’ that can be used by anyone who guides children along their physical literacy learning journey.
- Explain how they can contribute to its development in the children and young people with whom they interact at home and in the community.
- Organise safe, purposeful and meaningful physical activities for all children.
- Increased awareness and understanding of Physical Literacy
- Increased awareness of the importance of Physical activity
- More children receiving more informed introduction to Physical Activity
- Changed behaviour - more children more active more often
Personal information will be held and used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998/2003. Leitrim Sports Partnership and Sport Ireland Coaching will not disclose such information to any unauthorised person or body, but where appropriate will use such information in carrying out its various functions and services.
This course will be delivered online via zoom on Tuesday December 8th 7pm-9pm. Attendees must be 18 years or older. To book your place go to https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/130017015393
For further information contact Patricia Forde Community Sports Development Officer firstname.lastname@example.org or 0871922479.