One of the “Keep Well” campaign strands is to keep active, even during the winter, is important to help physical and mental health and wellbeing. As part of the Community Resilience Fund, and the Leitrim’s “Keep Well” campaign,
As part of the December Challenge Leitrim Sports Partnership are hosting the 12 walks of Christmas, so no excuses, let’s get moving, get active, and complete this walking challenge together. Leitrim Sports Partnership December challenge will help to keep you active during the Winter months.
The aim of the 12 walks of Christmas is to showcase some of the fantastic walking trails and routes we have throughout our lovely county.
1. The first walk from Acres Lake in Drumshanbo at 1pm on Wednesday 9th December. This walk will last roughly 1 hour, it is mainly a flat surface with gravel and is buggy friendly.
2. The second walk from Keeldra Lake Amenity Area, Cloone on Thursday 10th December at 1.30pm. This walking trail developed by Keeldra Lake Amenity Development Committee, is a looped walk on gravel surface with some small hills.
3. The 3rd walk is at Troll Wood Dromahair on Friday 11th December at 2pm. The walk starts flat along river and then continues to rise, passing over two bridges. The main features of this walk are the beautiful wooded area and the fabulous gorge surrounding both sides of the climb along river.
4. The 4th Walk of Christmas will take place on Manorhamilton Greenway on Saturday 12th December at 11am. This walk involves some small hills but is predominantly flat and is buggy friendly.
5. The 5th walk of Christmas will take place at Garadice Lake Loop on Saturday 12th December at 11am. Garadice Lake loop walk is flat walking surface and it is buggy friendly.
6. The 6th Walk of Christmas will take place at Derrycarne wood Dromod on Tuesday 15th December at 1pm. The woodland provides a very pleasant walk along the shore of Lough Boderg, The trail passes through mixed wood land of beech, oak, and holly together with Sitka spruce and Lawson cypress.
7. The 7th walk of Christmas is at Kinlough Forest Park walk on Thursday 17th December at 11am. This walk is mainly flat surfaces and is buddy friendly.
8. The 8th Walk of Christmas at Shannon Erne Blueway Kilclare on Saturday 19th December at 11am. This is a flat gravel path alongside the waterways and is buddy friendly.
9. The 9th Walk of Christmas at Ballinamore Golf Links road on Monday 21st December 1pm. This is a flat walk and is buggy friendly.
10. The 10th Walk of Chistmas at Milltown Wood Manorhamilton on Tuesday 22nd December at 11am. Leaving Hamilton’s Castle Manorhamilton, loop walks developed around the village of Lurganboy and Milltown Wood.
11. The 11th walk of Christmas at Bothar na Naomh Walking Trail in Cloone village on Wednesday 23rd December at 11am. The trail runs north-south through the village to access old paths that have been reinstated across deciduous woodland and cutaway bogs. The area is a quiet, scenic, rural landscape with typical limestone wetland vistas of riverbank, damp meadows, woodland, bog and lakeshore.
12. The 12th Walk of Christmas at Castlecara loop in Carrick on Shannon will take place on Wednesday 23rd December at 1pm. This walk around the out skirts of Carrick on Shannon has some steep hills but is all on footpath and is buggy friendly.
Places are limited at all walks and must be pre booked. If you would like more information contact us on 0719650498 or email firstname.lastname@example.org