The volunteer supports initiative aims to successfully increase the number of people of all ages playing a leadership role in developing sports and physical activity in their communities. This will be achieved through the delivery of training and education courses to support volunteers in their development as community leaders/coaches of sport and physical activity.
Leitrim LSP will provide this opportunity for assistance in training and education for individuals or clubs by funding a percentage of the cost of the course.
You are eligible to apply for funding once you meet either 1 or 2 of the main requirements:
1. You must be a member of a sports club in Leitrim.
2. You regularly volunteer your time with the sports club you are a member of.
Eligible Courses (may include):
- Sports specific Coach Education (e.g. Athletics, Basketball, Gaelic, Soccer).
- Committee and / or Volunteer education, Administration & management courses
- Generic courses outlined on application form, Child Protection, First Aid, Sport Leader Award etc
- Personal Development (leadership roles, governance, organizational skills, building self-esteem and confidence etc )
- Accredited courses by NCTC or NGB
- Applicants who have a bona fide youth structure in place
- Applicants from club/organizations within Co Leitrim
Ineligible Courses (will include):
- Courses outside Ireland
- Sport related courses delivered by bodies not recognized under the National Coaching Development Programme or by the National Governing Bodies of Sport (NGB’s) if one exists.
- Generic sports courses delivered by a non-recognized agency
- Day to day running costs (e.g insurance, transport)
- Courses not directly related to applicant club/ organization e.g. team building.
To express your interest in the Volunteer Supports Fund 2022 email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details:
· Your Name and the sports club in Leitrim you are a member of.
· The name of the NGB recognised course you are interested in doing in 2022.
· The cost of the course and when it may take place in 2022.
I Joe Bloggs am a member of Example GAA club and I would like to take part in the Award 1 course that costs €80 and is expected to be delivered in March 2022. I wish to express an interest in the volunteer support fund that is available.
Expressions of interest must be emailed to email@example.com before 1st December 2021